Article 1: The Organizer
Farvest SARL, a private limited liability company (société à responsabilité limitée), incorporated under the laws of the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg, with office at 10A rue des Mérovingiens, L-8070 Bertrange, registered with the Luxembourg companies register under B76419.
Hereafter referred to as the “Organizer”, is organizing a competition named #Pitch Your Start Up
Article 2: Participation and Eligibility
- The participation to the Contest is entirely free.
- Any start-up company throughout the world which is active in the field of ICT can apply for one minimum or two maximum verticals which are Fintech, Regtech - Artificial Intelligence, Big data – Smart living – Cybersecurity and become applicant (hereafter the “Applicant”).
- Applicant(s) must be legally registered in their country of residence.
- Applicant(s) must have an average turnover of less than 500.000 Euros and a headcount of maximum of 15 persons. Some exceptions could be applied depending on the start-up’s activities and mission decsription.
- Employees of the Organizer, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- By participating, the Applicant(s) agrees to be fully unconditionally bound by these rules, and represents and warrants that it meets the eligibility requirements. In addition, it agrees to accept the decisions of the Organizer as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
- The Organizer has the right to verify the eligibility of each Applicant. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Organizer.
- If the Applicant(s) use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, its submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of the Organizer.
Article 3: Application period
- The application’s period begins on January 1st, 2019 and terminates on April 5th 2019.
- All entries must be received on or before the time stated during that submission period. The Organizer reserves the right to extend or shorten the application period at its sole discretion.
Article 4: Registration process
- Any Applicant willing to registrate for the competition shall apply directly on the Contest’s website: www.pysu.eu or www.pitchyourstartup.eu
The application file shall consist of:
- Startup name:
- Selection of 1 up to 2 verticals among the 4 available:
- All eligible entries received during the submission period will be presented to a jury which will select the best 15 candidates per vertical and 60 in total for the final competition which will take place on May 21st, 2019 during the international conference ICT Spring Europe.
- The 60 best Applicants (the “Finalist(s)”) will receive a formal invitation to participate to the final competition in Luxembourg on May 21st.
- Each Finalist will manage its own travel and fees expenses and will not be reimbursed by the Organizer.
Article 5: Composition and mission of the Jury.
- The jury (the “Jury”) will be composed of around 8 well known experts for their competences and their moral probity. They will be selected amongst the companies and associations participating to the initiative. They are all experts from the Luxembourg ICT field. At the end of the application period, the Members of the Jury will assess the applications and short-list the Finalists which will be allowed to compete for the finale competition.
- At the end of the application period, the Members of the Jury will assess the applications and short-list the Finalists which will be allowed to compete for the finale competition.
The choice of the Finalists will be based on the following criteria:
- Long term business strategy and viability
Article 6: Finale competition and Winner’ selection
Each start-up will be granted 3 minutes 33 seconds of presentation followed by 2 minutes of Q&A on May 21st, 2019, from 4PM in the main conference room of the conference.
- Each finalist will have 3 minutes and 33 seconds to present its company and try to impress favorably the members of the Jury. A number of business angels and investors invited by the Organizer will also be present in the room during the pitches.
- After its presentation each Finalist will be submitted to 2 minutes of Questions and Answers by the Jury.
- The Winner of each vertical of the competition (the “Winner”) will be selected by a decision of a panel of judges under the supervision of the Organizer. Potential Winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of this contest.
- In the event that the Winner is disqualified for any reason, the Organizer will give the Award to the next best Finalist. Receipt of the Award by the Winner in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all local laws and regulations.
Article 7: Prize
- The Winner will receive an award of 20.000 Euros (the “Award”).
In consideration of the payment of the Award the Winner shall:
- Provide the Organizer with quarterly updates as regards the key development of its business (the “Business Updates”) for a two year period on a quarterly basis ( the “Feedback period”).
- Provide the Organizer with the right to communicate positively through any communication means, internally and/or externally, as regards the Winner’s developments over the Feedback Period and/or to advocate positive impact of the Award in such respect. The Winner shall ensure its best efforts not to withhold unreasonably its consent to such public relationship communication(s) as long as not deemed contrary to the Winner’s business/prospects/interests;
- To inform the Organizer of any additional round of financing in the Winner and/or its parents as from the date hereof and during the whole duration of the Feedback Period.
- More generally, the acceptance of the Award constitutes permission for the Organizer to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further request.
Article 8 : Intellectual property
- The Applicants/Finalists understand and agree that the Organizer, anyone acting on behalf of the Organizer, and the Organizer’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, the Applicants/Finalists’ entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
- By entering its application, any Applicants/Finalist represents and warrants that the content of its application is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If an entry of any Applicant/Finalist infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, it will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Organizer
- If the content of the entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, he/she shall, at his/her sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. The Applicant/Finalist shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Organizer from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liabilities, loss, damage, costs or expenses, which the Organizer may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
Article 9: Amendment
- The Organizer reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should fraud, force majeure or other cause beyond the Organizer’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest.
- The Organizer reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Applicant/Finalist who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or violates these Terms & Conditions. The Organizer has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest. Any attempt by an Applicant/Finalist to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, the Organizer reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Article 10: Limitation of liability.
By applying, the Applicant/Finalist agrees to release and hold harmless the Organizer and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or its acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the Award or; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion;
Article 11: Personal data
The personal data of individuals that will participate to the will be used in accordance with the Luxembourg Law of 2 August 2002 regarding the protection of persons regarding the processing of their personal data.
Any individual involved in the competition on has the right to access his personal data, as well as an amendment right of such data which he/she can use by sending a mail to the registered address of the Organizer.
Article 12: Communication
Any communication regarding the Contest must be sent by registered letter and/or by electronic mail.
Article 13: Competent jurisdiction and applicable law.
- This Contest is governed and construed in accordance with the Law of Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
- The competent courts of the city of Luxembourg shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute arising in connection with this Agreement.